Protecting Your Privacy
We are AGA Accountants, the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. We are committed to managing and protecting the privacy of your personal information in line with all current applicable data privacy laws, including the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This privacy notice outlines what data we collect, why we collect it and how we manage it while we are holding it. It also highlights your rights with regard to the data.
Should you have a concern regarding our management of your personal data, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Email: [email protected]
When We Collect Personal Information from You
We collect information from you when we contact you, or when you: make an enquiry, respond to a communication, fill out an information or contact request form, book a demo, discuss a contract, request a quotation, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or marketing communication, or otherwise submit your personal data to us. We may also acquire your personal information from LinkedIn and other reputable third-party sources or business data organisations. If we do so, we will obtain assurance from the provider that this information has been obtained and provided lawfully, fairly and transparently.
Information We Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about you, including your first name and surname, job title and contact information, including business email address and phone number.
- If you email or contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence or keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to you.
Why We Need Your Information
We require this basic personal information so that we can:
- Manage your enquiries when you wish to find out about our products and services.
- Enable you to order our products and services and make payments (we do not retain your bank details).
- Fulfil and manage our contract and your enquiries when using our products and services.
- Improve your experience of using our websites, for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes.
- Contact you in relation to our products, services and events. You may opt out of receiving communications at any time.
- Safeguard the assets of our company, its employees, its customers and other key stakeholders.
We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
We rely upon the following lawful bases to process your data:
- In processing your transactions and orders and providing services, advice and information to manage and fulfil your contract, we rely on the lawful basis of contract.
- We may send you marketing communications if you are, or have been, a customer or if you have discussed doing business with us, as part of our legitimate business interest.
- If you have opted in to receive communications from us, then consent is our lawful basis. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time.
- When we respond to your sales enquiries, we consider this to be in our legitimate business interest.
- In order to protect our assets and interests, we may need to use your information as part of a legal process.
How We Protect Your Information
AGA Accountants is committed to protecting your personal data and has implemented the appropriate systems and procedures to ensure this. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. Our websites are scanned on a regular basis for known threats, including viruses and other malware, in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
All the personal data we collect is managed by our staff in the UK. The information is hosted on servers within the EU or within countries considered by the EU to have acceptable standards of data privacy and protection. No other third parties have access to your personal data, unless the law allows or obliges them to do so.
Please contact us using the details above if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to the information that we hold about you.
- Ask for the information that we hold about you to be amended if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Ask us to delete your personal data. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil our contractual obligations without your contact details.
- Ask us not to use your data for direct marketing. Use the contact details above.
- Have your data transferred to another party (data portability).
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to us processing your personal information.
- Object to us making automated decisions or profiling using your data.
- Complain to us or to the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you are concerned about our use of your personal data. The ICO’s website can be found at ico.org.uk
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies even if you access them using links from our website. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
While you are browsing our website(s), cookies could be stored on your computer so that we can identify your session. Please see the separate Cookies Policy on our website. Please note that you have a choice whether to allow cookies on your computer or not and can adjust your browser setting accordingly.