It is often said that, “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” Forecasts and budgets are very useful tools to helping businesses plan and see the big picture.
Everyone knows that a successful business must plan ahead, but all too often the pressures of keeping the business going on a daily basis mean that strategic planning is not given the attention it needs. The result is often rushed judgements, over or under-capacity, or missed opportunities.
Without sound analysis, clear projections, and well-thought out contingencies, businesses tend to become hostages to fortune.
Proactive management is replaced by reactive coping, and instead of following a well-thought-out plan, owners and managers are reduced to responding to unforeseen events, or trying to catch up on missed opportunities.
This is why we encourage our clients to schedule regular planning sessions. We can help you:
- Formulate and implement long-term strategic goals
- Set concrete operational objectives
- Monitor performance and adjust plans accordingly
Most people who start up in business do so because they have a good business proposition and the enterprise and commitment to see it through, not because they are experts in the legal, financial, and fiscal aspects of running a business.
Indeed, these matters can often seem daunting, and even off-putting, to the budding entrepreneur. The good news is that you do not need to be an expert in these fields to succeed in business. All you need is the support of a team of trained experts.
That’s where we fit in. Bring us your business ideas and we’ll help you to evaluate them in a constructive and realistic manner. We can also help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business – sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies House, Inland Revenue, or Customs and Excise
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
The last thing you need as a busy business owner is to use up valuable time and resources making sure you are complying with the Companies Act.
Moreover, with company legislation changing at the rate it does, you need to be sure you are fully aware of how the changes affect you and your fellow directors.
We can give you complete peace of mind in this area by carrying out your company secretarial duties for you. Our services include:
- Company formations
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
- General advice on company law
Corporate tax planning
Corporation tax represents a substantial part of your trading costs. Moreover, the increased reporting obligations, robust investigation policies on the part of the tax authorities, and harsher penalties for non-compliance mean that an undue amount of your time and resources can be taken up collecting revenue for the Government.
We offer a range of services to help you minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation. These include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities
Efficient corporate tax planning can result in potentially significant improvements in your bottom line