Contractors and Sole traders
Congratulations! You’ve had a brilliant idea and have decided to follow it through and set up in business for yourself.
The likelihood is that before long you will be thoroughly confused by the mass of rules and regulations you will need to comply with, as well as a myriad of decisions that you will need to make.
We at AGA Partners are well aware that these minefields can be very daunting to new business owners so we are there to explain the rules and help you come to the right decisions for you and your business.
What can we help you to do?
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business – sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company.
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts, if appropriate.
- Assess your financial needs and recommend sources of capital, if required. Opportunities for raising funds have significantly improved with the advent of crown funding and peer-to-peer lending.
- Introduce you to a bank if you do not have an existing relationship or establish a good working relationship with your existing bank.
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies House and HMRC.
- Deal with company secretarial issues.
- Set up an accounting system for your own use and for taxation and compliance purposes.
- Decide on what computer hardware to buy.
- Decide on which accountancy software to purchase if you want to keep your own records.
Once you have set up your business we can also help you to:
- Keep on top of bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and other accounting requirements.
- Help with all aspects of business compliance and administration.